Friday, April 17, 2015

Marcelle Medallion +

Well I made another Marcelle Medallion quilt
from the book Liberty Love By Alexia Marcelle Abegg.
It is a great pattern very easy to follow. I did add 
a few extra boarders in there because I wanted it a little larger.

This is what it looks like when  I do the quilting, 
my least favorite part!

Some detail of the quilting

The back of the quilt, it is very striking with the strip of color in there.

Monday, April 13, 2015


This quilt was made for my soon to be 4th grandson. 
His father, my son loved squirrels when he was a boy
 so I thought I would add one to his son's quilt.

I wanted to use some scraps to make a letter for the babies room;
 his name will start with a J.

My youngest daughter wanted to make a pillow using
 the other squirrel panel and left-over material. 

I am hoping one day she may want to make a quilt! ha

This afghan was made to keep myself busy
 when I watch TV, I gifted this to the baby too.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Metro Hoops

My Metro Hoops Quilt made with the quick curve ruler
 and using True colors by Heather Bailey. I was a little nervous to
 start cutting with the ruler but it wasn't bad once I got up the nerve.

My friend Joy did the quilting for me, Love how it turned out!

Jiffy and Grocery Bags

I had to do a bag demo for my quilt guild, so I needed a simple pattern.
 I found this free Jiffy tote pdf pattern. I made the 24" and the 40". 
you use 2 square pieces of fabric and a piece of batting, 
the way it is folded makes simple pockets on the inside. 

These grocery bags were made for my daughter so she would give mine back to me.
 These bags  are great for groceries!
 They hold a lot and I finished all the inside edges so they can be washed. 
I have made many of these bags using this pattern from Joann's (utility market tote)

Boy and Girl Shriner's

For a program at our quilt guild we colored some
 panels that had embroidered pictures of boys and girls.

I put them in a simple layout with a frame of color.
These will be going to Shriners Hospital.

Evan's Lizards

This quilt was made for the newest member of our family, Evan.
What little boy doesn't like lizards.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ninos Amados

This is a wall hanging I made for my cousin to take to Guatemala. 
Her in-laws are building their 3rd crisis home for kids
 and this will hang in the home.

I put a sleeve on the back so they can hang it.
I will be making a quilt like this again!

Siteman 5th Installment

We had a few more pillow cases that were already cut out 
so I put them together for our last pillow bomb.

 I really had a wonderful time meeting everyone we gifted the pillows to.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fade to Grey

I used Peppered Cottons by Pepper Cory Studio E for this quilt.


My friend Joy Cannon quilted this for me. I love how 
she has the dark colors quilted one way and the greys 
quilted wider and going in the other direction. Thanks Joy!!

Ava's Princess and the Pea

This quilt was made for a family friends 3 year old daughter. 
My son wanted me to make this for her new big girl bed.
Her mother chose the pattern and the colors,

I found this wonderful fabric Far Far Away Princess and the Pea
by Heather Ross for the back. The colors are perfect!
I did not do the quilting on this quilt, my mothers friend Ruth
did a wonderful job for me.

The binding is left over pieces.

I wanted some of the Princess and the Pea fabric to show 
so I thought I would make a pillow sham. 

Hope Ava likes it!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mason's Bike

I made this for Mason, the newest addition to our family.

I love the colors in this little quilt.

the back fabric is soft n comfy. 


Batman Shriner's Quilt

Sweet Life

I used a panel of Adventure Girls from The Sweet Life for this Shriner's quilt.

I put all the left-over pieces in the backing.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Henley's Boots

We have a new cowgirl in the family so I thought she needed some boots.
I saw a boot quilt like this once so I designed my own boot block.

Stars and straight line quilting.

As you can see my quilt did a little shifting on me when I quilted it. Oops!

Streets Shriners

Sorry really bad photos of this quilt. 

A very simple Shriner's Hospital quilt.



Wednesday, September 3, 2014

City Center

In January the STLMQG challenged the guild to finish their works in
 progress in a year long challenge. I usually don't have projects that 
are unfinished so I chose to use some of my older material to make a quilt.

I had the backing material ( Center City by Jay McCarroll)
for a few years and loved the colors. I finally found a pattern that inspired
 me in the Generation Q Magazine. The Art Gallery Fabric Staff
 had a pattern called  Modern Log Cabin in the Jan./ Feb. 2014 issue.

I really just used the pattern for inspiration and added my own touch.

The quilting is all straight line in squares.
The Quilt finished at 60 x 60

My quilt will be at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, October 25-27 2014.
If you get to go take a picture for me!

This is the color inspiration, Center City by Jay McCarroll. 
Check out all the stitching on that black backing.

I had to pack the quilt and try not to get creases, hope it worked!