Wednesday, September 3, 2014

City Center

In January the STLMQG challenged the guild to finish their works in
 progress in a year long challenge. I usually don't have projects that 
are unfinished so I chose to use some of my older material to make a quilt.

I had the backing material ( Center City by Jay McCarroll)
for a few years and loved the colors. I finally found a pattern that inspired
 me in the Generation Q Magazine. The Art Gallery Fabric Staff
 had a pattern called  Modern Log Cabin in the Jan./ Feb. 2014 issue.


I really just used the pattern for inspiration and added my own touch.


The quilting is all straight line in squares.
The Quilt finished at 60 x 60


My quilt will be at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, October 25-27 2014.
If you get to go take a picture for me!


This is the color inspiration, Center City by Jay McCarroll. 
Check out all the stitching on that black backing.


I had to pack the quilt and try not to get creases, hope it worked!


4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic design. Congrats on the acceptance of this beauty to the International Quilt Festival in Houston this fall. What a thrill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a seriously amazing quilt and I'm happy to see that others get to share in it's awesomeness too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love, Love this quilt. You did an awesome job. I saw this quilt in a magazine and had to buy it. I stumbled upon your blog. Thanks for sharing. slp.acp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete